Compliance Management: A How-to Guide for Executives, Lawyers, and Other Compliance Professionals
The business climate is profoundly impacted by reputation-affecting scandals, prosecutions and investigations, making the stakes high for companies to have well-trained professionals and rich corporate cultures of “Doing the right thing”. This newly released book on Compliance Management offers a unique and holistic perspective on a variety of ethics and compliance topics that are crucial for mitigating risk and enhancing Ethics and Compliance Cultures.
Written by leading business educator and compliance expert Dr. Singh and former litigator Thomas Bussen, the book combines ethics and compliance expertise with the grit of regulatory insights. The content in the book is presented in an easy to understand format for anyone wanting to learn more about ethics and compliance. Some unique highlights of the book include:
- First Book: This is one of the first compliance books which comes with a complete set of free resources. Readers can sign up at http://compliancehandbook.integtree.com and get access to interactive videos with key author highlights for each book chapter.
- Guide: Offers a step-by-step guide to creating and managing an effective compliance program.
- Showcase: Provides the latest best practices in a world of ever-changing regulations.
- Culture Shaping: Identifies the importance of developing and maintaining a corporate culture of “doing the right thing”, and shows how ethical training improves compliance.
- Real World Highlights: Features interviews with, and best practices from, top executives, judges, Department of Justice attorneys, and infamous FBI informant Mark Whitacre
- Regulatory Compliance: Provides easy to understand overviews and recommendations for complying with specific laws, including labor, international, environmental and more.
- Blog: To complement the book, we have created a blog which provides cutting edge commentaries on key ethics and compliance issues. ethicsresources.org
Research shows that ethical, compliant businesses see increased productivity across a range of measurements. This practical guide helps compliance, legal, accounting and other administrative business professionals achieve that goal. The book covers an extensive range of ethics and compliance topics that impact businesses today and it identifies critical factors for successful compliance programs. Going well beyond works that speak in general terms about compliance-based actions, this unique volume integrates ethical solutions to compliance challenges and delves into details about specific regulatory issues while providing steps to mitigate risks.